Hi and welcome to my blog. WeddingMonograms.blogspot.com was created to help DIY brides learn how to create Monograms and other wedding designs in photoshop. I hope that you find this blog helpful. Please feel free to email me with any questions or suggestions for tutorials at WeddingMonograms@gmail.com
Congratulations and Happy Planning,
BriannaNichole!


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dingbats For Wedding Monograms

Ok, so you are looking to create a monogram but it's looking a little boring with just your text. You think hey I want to add some sort of design or flourish to spruce it up, but you don't know where to start. Well my friend you have come to the right place.

Earlier today I got an email from one of my former brides, who I created some monograms for. She was looking for some ways to replicate a few monograms I had created in the past. Unfortunately for her the images that I created were doctored by me so there isn't an easy way to create the exact design. However luckily for her, and all you lovely ladies out there, the Internet has so many similar designs that you are sure to find something close to what you want.

The two main ways I recommend adding designs to your monogram, invitation, table numbers, rsvp cards, seating chart, menu etc. is by using either Dingbats or Photoshop Brushes.

I happen to have some how to's on these very topics.

Photoshop Brush How To

Dingbat How To Here

Here are a few examples of dingbat monograms:











Just to help a little more I will be posting a tutorial on how to create last monogram. This should really show you how to work with dingbats.

And Remember you can purchase monograms as well. Monograms are 1 for $5.00. You will be able to select from three versions, or you can purchase all three for $10.00.

How do you get it? Just email me at: weddingmonograms@gmail.com with the following information:
  • Names - Bride & grooms name. Include his last name and tell me if you want it on the monogram.
  • Wedding Date
  • Colors - Pick one to four colors from this site: http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
  • Wedding type - Casual, contemporary, classic/romantic, symbolic (palm tree, damask, ornate).
  • Anything else you think I might need to know (designs you like, wedding location, where you may use it etc).


Payment? I use paypal. Once I send you choose the monogram you would like I will send you the invoice. Once payment is made I will send you the high resolution files.

Happy Planning,
Brianna!

No comments: