Oh Photoshop Brushes, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways; flowers, flourishes, animals............
I am so very excited to have discovered photoshop brushes. Lots of very nice people have gone through all the trouble to create free brushes for non-commercial use. Photoshop brushes allow you to add just about anything to a canvas. So if you are looking for a flourish, heart, flower, border etc try searching the Internet for a brush.
How do find a Photoshop Brush? You can find Photoshop brushes all over the internet. Just go to Google and search PhotoShop Brushes and you will be amazed at how many sites there are.
How Do I Install The Brushes?
1. Download the Brush and Unzip the file (if needed)
2. Put the file in the Brushes Folder: My Computer > C Drive > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop X (x is the version of photoshop you have, in my case its CS 2) > Presets > Brushes
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes
3. Reboot your Computer and you are ready to go!
How Do I Use My New Brushes?
1. Open Photoshop
2. Select the Paintbrush Tool
3. Click on the down arrow next to the paintbrush type
4. Click on the right facing arrow, next to the paintbrush size
5. Select the brush you want and click ok.
The only problem I have found with using the new brushes is that you are limited to the size of the brush. Making it smaller is fine, but when you make it bigger it damages the quality. I have not found a way around this yet.
The brushes can be used for pretty much anything. The only limit is your imagination. I had so much fun playing with my new brushes. Check out a few of the designs I came up with.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial,