Here are some ideas for table numbers/names.
- Numbers: Simple but effective. By using numbers on the tables you make it easy for your guests and yourself. A nice play on this would be to type the name of the number out, possibly in a different language.
Example: Uno - Spanish for 1.
- Places You Have Visited: This is great if you and your future hubby like to travel. You could even add a picture of you at the location.
Example: Hawaii (at the bottom you could even have a description of the location you went, or the dates and times or why it is special to you.
- I Love You or Love in Different Languages: This has to be one of my favorite ideas. I found a bunch of websites with plenty of info. I Love You List. Documents and Designs have some examples of this.
Chinese : Wo ie ni (Manderin, Cantonese)
Danish : Jeg elsker dig
Dutch : Ik hou van jou
ersian (Farsi) : Tora dust midaram
Flemish : Ik zie oe geerne
Finnish : Mina" rakastan sinua
French : Je t'aime
Gaelic : Ta gra agam ort
German : Ich liebe Dich or I mog Di ganz arg! (Suebian: South German dialekt.)
Greek : S' ayapo
Hebrew : aNEE oHEIVET oTKHA (female to male) aNEE oHEIV otAKH (male to female)
Ani ohev at (man to woman) Ani ohevet atah (woman to man)
Hindi: Mein Tumse Pyar Karta Hoon
Hopi : Nu' umi unangwa'ta
Italian : Ti amo
Irish : taim i' ngra leat
Japanese : Kimi o ai shiteru
Korean : Tangsinul sarang ha yo
Latin : Te amo Vos amo
Mohawk : Konoronhkwa
Navajo : Ayor anosh'ni
Norwegian : Jeg elsker deg (Bokmaal)
Pakistani : Muje se mu habbat hai
Persian : Tora dost daram
Pilipino : Mahal Kita Iniibig Kita
Polish : Ja Cie Kocham or Kocham Cie (Pronounced Yacha kocham)
Portuguese : Eu te amo
Romanian : Te iu besc
Russian : Ya lyublyu tebya Ya vas lyublyu
Scot Gaelic : Tha gra\dh agam ort
Shona : Ndinokuda
Sioux : Techihhila
Slovak : lubim ta
Spanish : Te amo
Swedish : Jag a"lskar dig
Swiss-German : Ch'ha di ga"rn
- Fruits of The Spirit: I love this one. Its really perfect for a religious wedding. You can do it a myriad of ways. You can put the attribute on the top (i.e. Love etc) then have the full verse of the fruits of the spirit at the bottom, or just the part that talks about that attribute. Plus the verse.
The Fruits of the Spirit:
Love - "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him" (1 John 4:16). Through Jesus Christ, our greatest goal is to do all things in love. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:4-8).
Joy - "The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10). "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).
Peace - "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).
Longsuffering (patience) -- We are "strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness" (Colossians 1:11). "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love" (Ephesians 4:2).
Gentleness (kindness) -- We should live "in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left" (2 Corinthians 6:6-7).
Goodness - "Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power" (2 Thessalonians 1:11). "For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth" (Ephesians 5:9).
Faith (faithfulness) - "O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth" (Isaiah 25:1). "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith" (Ephesians 3:16-17).
Meekness - "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted" (Galatians 6:1). "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love" (Ephesians 4:2).
Temperance (self-control) - "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love" (2 Peter 1:5-7).
- Wine Grapes/Vineyards: Do you and your future hubby love wine, wine tasting, or getting married at a vineyard? Why not name your tables after different Wine Grapes, Wine Manufacturers or Vineyards?
Examples: Chardonnay, Riesling, Cabernet or Champagne.
- Disneyland: Do you love Disneyland, did you get engaged there? You could name your tables after rides or lands at Disneyland. You could even add pictures of you an FH at Disneyland to them.
Examples: Tomorrow Land, Fantasy Land etc.
- Famous Couples: If you are a romantic you might want to name your tables after famous couples.
Examples:Romeo & Juliet, Anthony & Cleopatra, Fred & Ginger or Micky & Minnie.
- Fav. TV Shows/Films: If you and your FH are film or TV buffs you might want to name your tables after some of your fav. TV Shows or Films. You could do this with love songs too.
Examples: Dirty Dancing, Casablanca etc.
- Beaches: If you are having a destination wedding, getting married at/overlooking the beach or you just love the ocean you can name your tables after beaches, shells, oceans etc..
Example: Hermosa Beach.
- Qualities and Sentiments: Inseparable - Happiness - Laughter - Cherish - Love - Fun - Friendship - Adore - Passion - Bliss - Devotion - Affection - Faith
Honesty - Hope - Loyalty - Kindness - Admire - Patience - Respect
Trust - Commitment - Eternal - Eternity - Sharing - Sincerity
Support - Peace - Forever - Forgiveness - Sacrifice - Dreams
Communication - Vows -Caring - Understanding - Expectations
Family - Promise - Life- Everlasting - Romance
Here are some examples of Table Numbers/Names I created. Stay tuned for free downloads and directions on how to edit these table numbers.
Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I hope this was helpful.