Hi and welcome to my blog. WeddingMonograms.blogspot.com was created to help DIY brides learn how to create Monograms and other wedding designs in photoshop. I hope that you find this blog helpful. Please feel free to email me with any questions or suggestions for tutorials at WeddingMonograms@gmail.com
Congratulations and Happy Planning,
BriannaNichole!


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tropical Dingbats

Most people trying to design wedding monograms, invitations, table numbers etc are not graphic designers. You may not have expensive programs (or knowledge) to create the designs you want. You can use clipart or you can page for images from stock web sites. Or you could download a dingbat. A Dingbat is a term for a font that is an image. It is used just like a font. In fact, I use a lot of dingbats for monograms and other wedding stationary.

I get a lot of requests for Tropical, Nautical or Beach themed stuff. I thought I would share of the free dingbats that I use.

WM Trees
These are all kinds of trees. I mainly use them for the palm tree images, however you can use them for the other tree designs.





Tropicana BV
All kinds of casual tropical images. I like to use three of the letters together to create a really pretty flower.





WM Aquatic
Mostly shells and fish.





SC Down by the Sea
Lots of fish, shells, some starfish and even a few boats.





Ocean Lacy
Fish, shells and beach critters.





KR Down by the Sea
Lots of shells and some beach scenes.






GE Out to Sea
Lots of sea life.





GE Nautica
Lots of ocean scenery; boats, ropes, dingy etc.





Check out some of the monograms that you can make with these dingbats:















































As always, I hope you found this tutorial helpful!
BriannaNichole!

3 comments:

Clair said...

OMG!!! thank you again! this is exactly what i was looking for! i am trying to do a beach themed wedding, with a lighthouse monogram, and i was having a really hard time finding a dingbat.... i can't wait to check out the sites you listed. Any suggestions for a Lighthouse monogram? thanks!

Unknown said...

OK...I have to know where you found the starfish that you used in the Amy and Jeff monogram. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for something like that!

Unknown said...

OK...I have to know where you found the starfish that you used in the Amy and Jeff monogram. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for something like that!