Hi and welcome to my blog. WeddingMonograms.blogspot.com was created to help DIY brides learn how to create Monograms and other wedding designs in photoshop. I hope that you find this blog helpful. Please feel free to email me with any questions or suggestions for tutorials at WeddingMonograms@gmail.com
Congratulations and Happy Planning,
BriannaNichole!


Sunday, March 30, 2008

Font for a Sunday

Good Evening everyone. I hope you are enjoing what is left of your weekend. Although, if you are like me you are dreding going back to work tomorrow. *sigh* Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to introduce you all to a new font. So, *drum roll please* the font for this evening is............Carpenter Script.

Carpenter Script (which you can download for free by clicking on Carpenter script listed above) is one of my favorite fonts. I like it because it is scripty (my own special font description word) yet is works great for a casual or contemporary wedding. I love that it looks sort of like handwriting so it gives you a more personal feel to your wedding paper products.



The only drawback, which my Hubby like to point out every time I use this font, is that it can be hard to read. You have to make sure that you have a design that is big enough where you can read the font. My suggestion is to play around with it a little.

Also, when you use it, I suggest you make the letters closer together. Sometimes they do not match up perfectly. It is pretty simple to do this in photoshop. You just need to:
1. Write & highlight your text
2. Select the Charachter and Paragraph Pallete
3. Slect -10 for the text spacing.


If you need help installing this, or any other font, please visit my blog entry on the subject: So, You Need Help Installing Fonts

In fact, this blog header is using the Carolina font.












Happy Planning,
BriannaNichole!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no! It's no longer available... any suggestions?